Hi all,

I am using JBoss 4.0.5 GA and myEclipse 5.1.1 GA to do a web project with EJB
for database manipulation.

I created a stateless session bean which is invoked in doGet method of a
servlet.  I tried to add CMP entity bean lookup method in a business method of
this session bean.  It ends up with a "Naming Exception". The code snippet
inside the business method of stateless session bean is as follows.

  | try {
  | // StaffLocalHome is the home interface of CMP entity bean Staff
  | StaffLocalHome staffHome = StaffUtil.getLocalHome();
  | StaffLocal staff = staffHome.findByPrimaryKey(new StaffPK(loginID));
  | StaffData staffData = staff.getValueObject();
  | catch (NamingException ne) {
  | returnCode = 1;
  | }
  | catch (FinderException fe) {
  | returnCode = -2;
  | }
  | catch (Exception e) {
  | returnCode = 2;
  | }

If I moved the above codes inside the servlet where stateless session bean is
invoked, no problem of naming exception when looking up CMP entity bean. So, it
seems that ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml, web.xml and jboss-web.xml are correctly
configured.

Could you advise where the problem is?

Thank you,
Calson