Don't know if I got you, but you said you did want anonymous wrote : to return
a task to the pooled tasksI am assigning a task back to a (named) pool like
this. (this is reassigning a task to a pool - but not unassigning the task
completly):

  |     public void reassignToPool()
  |     {
  |             Long taskIdLong = new Long( this.taskId);  // Your taskId
  |             PooledActor myPoolActor = new PooledActor("myPoolActorName");
  |             Set<PooledActor> pool = new HashSet<PooledActor>();
  |             pool.add(myPoolActor);
  |             if ( taskId != null )
  |             {

jbpmContext.getTaskMgmtSession().loadTaskInstance(taskIdLong.longValue()).setPooledActors(
 pool )  ;

jbpmContext.getTaskMgmtSession().loadTaskInstance(taskIdLong.longValue()).setActorId(
 null ) ;
  |             }
  |             else
  |             {