Hi,

My DataModel or DataModelSelection is not behaving properly in multiuser
operations.

Lets say I have populated a DataModel with 5 entities.

Now, I render this list with JSF DataTable on UI (for user 1)
At the same time, user 2 starts the application and views the same list with 5
entities.

Now user 1 deletes entity 1 from the list and gets the refreshed list with 4
entities.

But user 2 does not know about the modification done to the list and tries to
view the details of entity 1 (which is not there in the list). But after
selecting entity 1 of previous list, user 2 is getting the details of entity 1
of the refreshed list (previously entity 2).

How can I solve this problem ?

I could think of maintaining a class level variable which would keep a track of
modifications to the list (DataModel), similar to what version number does in
Hibernate.

But that would be a crude way of doing a workaround.

Is there any standard way of handling this situation ?

Regards,

Suraj

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069095#4069095