I noticed that UnversionedNode.getData() is taking a lot of time in my app.
Then I saw that it actually creates a new HashMap, calls getKeys, then gets the
value for each key separately and puts it in the map.
Every single cache.get(fqn, k) separately fires the whole chain of
interceptors... transaction, locking, notification and whatnot. Couldn't it do
it only once, on the node as a whole?

Also, I found a little gem in LockMap.java:

// a CopyOnWriteArraySet is HUGELY inefficient since MANY LockMaps are created
and are frequently read from.  Until we have a better impl ...
   private final Set readOwnerList_ = new CopyOnWriteArraySet();

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069570#4069570

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069570