Hi I am using the following code to retrive the userdetails from db to display
the edit profile page

  if (user == null) {
        throw new PortletException("Not user object found");
    } else {
        String userid = user.getId().toString();
        logger.info("*************** after getting userId ");
        logger.info("UserId is ------------------>" + userid);

        if (userid != null) {
                try {
                        logger.info("User Id is not null **********");
                        user = userModule.findUserById(userid);
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        logger.error("Cannot retrive user", e);
                }
        }

At the above statement it is generating the following exception

17:15:59,140 INFO  [UserProfilePortlet] *************** after getting userId
17:15:59,140 INFO  [UserProfilePortlet] UserId is ------------------>3
17:15:59,140 INFO  [UserProfilePortlet] User Id is not null **********
17:15:59,156 ERROR [HibernateUserModuleImpl] Cannot find user by id 3
org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to locate current JTA transaction
        at
org.hibernate.context.JTASessionContext.currentSession(JTASessionContext.java:61)
        at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.getCurrentSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:542)
        at
org.jboss.portal.identity.db.HibernateUserModuleImpl.getCurrentSession(HibernateUserModuleImpl.java:299)
        at
org.jboss.portal.identity.db.HibernateUserModuleImpl.findUserById(HibernateUserModuleImpl.java:137)
        at
org.jboss.portal.identity.db.HibernateUserModuleImpl.findUserById(HibernateUserModuleImpl.java:123)

I have seen a post telling to set

<trans-attribute> Required </trans-attribute> in jboss-portlet.xml.

I did that and tried, still i am getting the same exception.

Any one has idea about this exception

I am using jboss-portal2.6.1 and jboss-4.0.5 as my appserver.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070096#4070096

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070096