Hi Koen,

Thank you for the reply. I understand, it makes sense.

Maybe the designer could just leave the variable as it is, not delete it at
all. It can recognize that the variable is not editable by the form and disable
the editing and not update the variable in XML. Actually, disabling the editing
is not even that important as not deleting the Map in XML. In this case the one
can draw the process graphically, define actions and parameters, switch to XML,
define additional parameters (Maps) not editable in designer, switch back to
the designer and make some changes again without risk of loosing the complex
variables.

Your idea about pluggable nodes is interesting. Where can I read more about it?
It could be the way to go for my situation. Does the implementation involves
development of Eclipse plugin or it is some code that plugs to the designer and
is interpreted by designer? Actually, either way sounds good.

I will need to re-install Eclipse 3.3 with the designed to check. Will the
designer binary package that is available for download from JBoss / jBPM site
work with 3.3 or I need to build the designer from CVS? I read a couple of
postings here about how to setup designer for Eclipse 3.2 and it works
perfectly. I will try again with 3.3.

Thank you,
Mark

View the original post :