hi norman,

thank you for your quick help.

The requests happened inside a Session Scope, but (if I understand correctly)
still in different conversations. Thus I added a @Begin annotation at the
factory method, which is called once, when the page is loaded.

I havenĀ“t annotated any method with @End. However, if the Session ends, will
the Conversation end as well ? Will the persistence context be cleared as well ?

Here is the code: (the Message class and the xhtml code is like in the original
tutorial)

  | @Name("messageManager")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | @Transactional
  | public class MessageManager {
  |
  |     @DataModel
  |     private List<Message> messageList;
  |
  |     @DataModelSelection
  |     @Out(required = false)
  |     private Message message;
  |
  |     @In
  |     private EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  |     @Logger
  |     private Log logger;
  |
  |     @Begin
  |     @Factory("messageList")
  |     public void findMessages() {
  |
  |             Message m1 = new Message("T1");
  |             m1.setTitle("T1");
  |             m1.setText("text1");
  |             m1.setDatetime(new Date());
  |
  |             Message m2 = new Message("T2");
  |             m2.setTitle("T2");
  |             m2.setText("text2");
  |             m2.setDatetime(new Date());
  |
  |             Message m3 = new Message("T3");
  |             m3.setTitle("T3");
  |             m3.setText("text3");
  |             m3.setDatetime(new Date());
  |
  |             entityManager.persist(m1);
  |             entityManager.persist(m2);
  |             entityManager.persist(m3);
  |
  |             this.messageList = entityManager.createQuery("from
Message").getResultList();
  |             logger.info("messageList initialized");
  |     }
  |
  |     public void select() {