You may want to try to make your validator object be aware of the current
context/conversation/use case (pick a word which is appropriate for your
situation). My own project does not have any validator object yet (all the
constraint logic is either in entity beans or in the entity manager beans), but
I imagine it is possible to put a field

  | AppContext currentContext;

or
AppConversation currentConversation;

or
AppUseCase currentUseCase;

in your validator. And also setter and getter for this field. Your other
objects like Person object can call the setter to let the validator know the
current context/conversation/use case before calling the validation method.  So
that the current current context/conversation/usecase information is available
in your validator object. Conceptually it should work.

You can put the names of all the app-specific context/conversation/use case in
a enum to eliminate String typing errors in your java class. An example can be
seen here:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115871

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074382#4074382