Hello,
today i have a question about DataModelSelection. I have not found an answer
for this for more than one year. But now a solution will be greatly appreciated.
This is the starting point: (all code is simplified)
i do have a fully functinal page in my app:

  | [...]
  |                     <rich:dataTable id="experimentSiteList"
var="experimentSite"    value="#{experimentSiteList}">

  |                             <rich:column>
  |                                     <h:outputText size="5" id="year"
value="#{experimentSite.experiment.year}"></h:outputText>
  |                             </rich:column>
  | [...]
  |                             <rich:column>
  |                                     <s:link id="viewFieldplan"
value="Fieldplan"

action="#{htmlFieldplanBacking.showFieldplan}"
  |                                             propagation="begin"
target="Fieldplan">
  |                                             <f:param name="experimentid"

value="#{experimentSite.experiment.experimentId}" />
  |                                     </s:link>
  |                             </rich:column>
  |                     </rich:dataTable>

and the backing contains the datamodel
        @DataModel
  |     private List<ExperimentSite> experimentSiteList;
  |
  |     @DataModelSelection
  |     @Out(required=false)
  |     private ExperimentSite selectedExperimentSite;
  |
  |     @Factory("experimentSiteList")
  |     public void getExperimentSitesByUser() {
  |             experimentSiteList = experimentQuery.getResultList();
  |     }

The experimentSites are shown and when clicking on the link the
selectedExperimentSite is set.

The problem is:
We do need more than one of this kind of page, but with different kind of
actions.

So the not working solution would be to use facelets:
[This refactored xhtml page does not work]

  | <ui:component>
  |                     <rich:dataTable id="experimentSiteList"
var="experimentSite"    value="#{list}">

  |                             <rich:column>
  |                                     <h:outputText size="5" id="year"
value="#{list}"></h:outputText>
  |                             </rich:column>
  | [...]
  |                             <rich:column>
  |                                                     <ui:insert
name="actions"/>
  |                             </rich:column>
  |                     </rich:dataTable>
  | </ui:component>

The calling page:

  | [....]
  | <ui:decorate template="myTemplate.xhtml">
  |       <ui:param name="list" value="experimentSiteList"/>
  |       <ui:define name="actions">
  |                                     <s:link id="viewFieldplan"
value="Fieldplan"

action="#{htmlFieldplanBacking.showFieldplan}"
  |                                             propagation="begin"
target="Fieldplan">
  |                                             <f:param name="experimentid"

value="#{experimentSite.experiment.experimentId}" />
  |                                     </s:link>
  |       </ui:define>
  | </ui:decorate>
  | [....]

The List of ExperimentSites are rendered as expected. But when clicking on a
link the DataModelSelection selectedExperimentSite is null. Why?
Any insight is greatly welcomed.

Or, if you have a working solution, please share it with us. Thanks.
Ciao,
Carsten

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078706#4078706