The bean they specify in the pdf is session scoped:
<managed-bean>
  |     <managed-bean-name>infoBean</managed-bean-name>
  |     <managed-bean-class>sample.InfoBean</managed-bean-class>
  |     <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
  |     <managed-property>
  |             <property-name>skin</property-name>
  |             <value>classic</value>
  |     </managed-property>
  | </managed-bean>

The expression you specify in web.xml must point to a session bean. Your user
bean will not be initialized at login I suppose.

You can create a session bean and store the skin name there. As I suggested
before the SkinBean can be used for that purpose too. When your user logs in,
you simply set the skin name of that bean. Then you will have that:
anonymous wrote : the skin is initialized at the beginning of each request and
the skin name is taken from the expression you specify in web.xml

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079864#4079864

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079864