The @EJB Annotation does more than injection; it also establishes a dependency.

For a JBoss-specific solution, you can also annotate your instance variable
with @IgnoreDependency like:

@EJB
  | @IgnoreDependency
  | MyBeanClass myBean;

...which I believe should work, though I've never tried this use case
specifically.  One thing it won't do is inject "myBean" if "MyBeanClass" is
deployed *after* your other service - the container won't keep track of what
injections it should perform if they're deployed at a later time.

Also, your lookups don't necessarily have to point to a JNDI address that
includes the application name.  JBoss assigns these by default, but you can
override with ejb-jar.xml or the @RemoteBinding/@LocalBinding annotations.

S,
ALR

View the original post :