I'm using AOP 1.5.0.GA but I will look for a later release. AS 4.2.1.GA.

A question out of the blue, does this have anything to do with the developer
thread "AOP ClassLoader/Scoping needs thoroughly revising"?

I have looked at what the TypeChecker sees as its class both when deployed
scoped and un-scoped.

Unscoped, the lookup works because the class already contains all the aop
methods, i.e the yadda$yadda$... methods. In scoped method, the class only
contains the original methods which is why the lookup fails.

I have tried to pinpoint where the class is modified but have not found it so
far. I wanted to see the point in the deployment process where the class is
weaved so that I can set a debug point there and inspect why that weaving does
not occur in scoped mode. Any tips?
-Thomas

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086043#4086043