Here's what works for me (no EJB3 - plain POJO, Quartz and Tomcat, all deployed
as WAR):

@Name ("scheduler")
  | @Scope (ScopeType.APPLICATION)
  | @Startup
  | public class Scheduler {
  |     @In
  |     private IService service;
  |     @Logger
  |     private Log log;
  |     // set in seam.properties via scheduler.reminderCron
  |     private String reminderCron;
  |
  |     public void setReminderCron(String reminderCron) {
  |             this.reminderCron = reminderCron;
  |     }
  |     @Create
  |     public void startJobs() {
  |             log.info("Reminder task started on #0, cron schedule is #1",
  |                             new Date(), reminderCron);
  |             service.sendReminders(reminderCron);
  |     }
  | }

public interface IService extends Serializable {

@Name ("service")
  | @Scope (ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | @AutoCreate
  | @Transactional
  | public class Service implements IService {
  |     @Asynchronous
  |     public void sendReminders(@IntervalCron String cron) {
  |             log.info("Reminder task activated on #0", new Date());
  |             // plus whatever other functionality you need here...
  |     }
  | }

The scheduler starts with the app, and runs every morning (as per cron
expression, which you can change as needed)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095784#4095784

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095784