I have derived my own dialect class from Hibernate's InformixDialect class in
order to register two missing mappings (see Thomas Much's Weblog for details:
http://www.snailshell.de/blog/archives/cat_java.html).  However, JBoss is
giving me the following error when I deploy my application's EAR file:

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException:
Dialect class not found: org.hibernate.dialect.Informix10Dialect

I have tried putting this new dialect class in several places with no success.
I have added it to my EAR's lib folder, I have created a separate JAR with just
this new class in it and placed it in JBoss's server/default/lib folder, and I
have added it to JBoss's hibernate3.jar file in the server/default/lib folder.
None of these resolve the problem of JBoss not being able to find my derived
dialect class.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4097614#4097614