WEB-INF/components.xml?  no - I'm trying to boot the embedded jboss ONLY from
an ejb module that's part of a larger ear project.  This all worked nicely in
Seam 1.2.1.  I say that because (as you probably know quite well by now ;-))
that I am immensely frustrated at things like <core:ejb> disappearing.  I can't
understand why you wouldn't think about supporting that IN ADDITION TO whatever
new form of the JBoss container you want people to be able to boot and test
with.  As it stands now, in order to migrate our development process from Seam
1.2.1 to Seam 2.0.0, I have to figure out how to get a working jboss embedded
(in addition to other things).  Although traditionally, the focus of a
framework evolution is to fix problems in the current version of the framework
and add in new features, this current 'style of evolution' I see in Seam is one
in which I am forced to move all dimensions of my development work forward
simultaneously.

On the subject of maven and transitive dependencies, please do not deploy the
Seam 2.0 releases to your public repository with poms that contain transitive
dependencies - that's already tripped me up once because Seam 2.0.0.CR3
transitively stuck el-api.jar into my war and that already existed in the
server.  Transitive dependencies buy you nothing when they cause unexpected
problems that take longer to fix (due to the surprise nature) than simply
adding the dependencies you know you need due to good documentation.  Knowing
version dependencies (to me) is a good thing.  Hiding versions and/or
dependencies is bad.

BTW, Pete, I appreciate your discussions / interactions and patience with me
;-).  In all my rants on the forum here, my frustrations tend to stem from no
smooth transition being available for Seam 1.2.1 -> Seam 2.0.0 (on the issues
I've posted about).  I believe Seam could be a little kinder to its early
adopters than it has been.  Instead, I have several areas now where I need to
'start from scratch' (e.g. <core:ejb/> gone but actually worked fine ... hence
this particular thread).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100794#4100794

Reply to the post :