I have a problem with JNDI when moving from Weblogic  6 to JBoss 4.2.0.GA.

I have a class which is bound to a JNDI name (Global), but when I do a lookup I
always seem to get a copy rather than a reference. This code had previously
worked ok on Weblogic.

public class RuleCacheHolder implements Serializable // implements
T3StartupDef, IRuleCacheHolder
{
        /**
         *
         */
        private static final long serialVersionUID = 2938516269249036614L;
        private String _className = this.getClass().getName();
        protected boolean noConnection = false;

        private String _cacheName;
        private String _cacheType;
        private String _types[];

        private Hashtable cache = new Hashtable();

        private static final String jndiName = "CACHE_HOLDER_";

        public RuleCacheHolder(String cacheName, String cacheType, String
types[]) {
                setCacheName(cacheName);
                setCacheType(cacheType);
                setTypes(types);

                try {
                        new InitialContext().bind(jndiName + cacheName, this);
                        // initialiseCache();

                        // WebLogger.trace(_className+"
CACHE_HOLDER_"+getCacheName()+"
                        // CREATED...");
                } catch (NamingException ne) {
                        ne.printStackTrace();
                }

        }

After creation I populate the cache hashtable from a different class, however
when a subsequent lookup is done the cache hashtable is empty. I am using a
jndi prop file and have tried changing the CallByValue setting in
jboss-service.xml. There are no errors or exceptions in the lookup.

I have scoured the various sites to no avail so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101016#4101016

Reply to the post :