Hi!

I was giving this whole authentication and undetermined number of calls to
authenticator.authenticate() some thoughts and my workaround is that I'm using
my own LoginHandler.

This one is called from the LoginPage and acts as a regular JSF Bean, hence can
determine the next rendered page by returning given outcomes. It uses the
Identity component, so the rest of the nice features (like using
identity.loggedIn,...) can still be used.
Also here the authentication is performed only once, because the method is
called only once per request.

The actual authenticator.authenticate method just uses the results from the
LoginHandler to return true or false.

With this, the database is able count the actual login attempts and the
authenticator.authenticate method can be called as often as it might get ...

I'm still unclear, why and in which circumstances the
authenticator.authenticate() method is called from Seam, but I guess it's a
useable workaround for me.
For example, the authenticator.authenticate() method is called even if the
login page is calling some other method than identity.login - haven't had time
to dig into this ...

Best regards, Kurt

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102170#4102170