Roadmap is at
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

Re: a CacheProvider impl for 3.2, you'd need to file a feature request on the
Hibernate JIRA.  Suggest you bring it up on the Hibernate forums first to see
if they are even willing to consider major work in 3.2.

TBH, even if they were willing to include it, I doubt anyone inside Red Hat
would take it on besides me.  For me, it's not likely to come up on my priority
list for quite some time. It's much more likely to get done if someone from the
community did it; I can provide guidance if anyone in the community is
interested.  There's another fairly recent thread somewhere on these forums
where I made some suggestions along these lines.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102548#4102548

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102548