Thanks Tim.  I changed to XAConnectionFactory for the services that consume
from the local node and that works fine.  However, my cluster is running under
RedHat but I have two non clustered JBoss servers running under windows.  These
are each running a service that is a consumer of messages that are posted to
the clustered queue running under redhat.  They are connecting use the
following:

  <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader"

name="jboss.messaging:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=ConversionJMSProvider">
  |     <attribute name="ProviderName">ConversionJMSProvider</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass">
  |       org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter
  |     </attribute>
  |
  |     <attribute name="FactoryRef">ClusteredXAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     <attribute
name="QueueFactoryRef">ClusteredXAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     <attribute
name="TopicFactoryRef">ClusteredXAConnectionFactory</attribute>

  |     <attribute name="Properties">
  |        java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  |        java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
  |        java.naming.provider.url=172.17.20.60:1100, 172.17.20.61:1100
  |        jnp.disableDiscovery=false
  |        jnp.partitionName=dev.application
  |        jnp.discoveryGroup=228.1.2.4
  |        jnp.discoveryPort=1102
  |        jnp.discoveryTTL=16
  |        jnp.discoveryTimeout=5000
  |        jnp.maxRetries=1
  |     </attribute>
  |   </mbean>

It appears that both of these windows servers is connecting to the first
provider in the list.  Messages that are posted to the second provider (i.e.
the partial queue on server 172.17.20.61)  are never getting consumed.

I thought that clients of the clustered queue could connect to whichever node
they found first and they would get messages from any partial queue.  Is this
incorrect?

Thanks.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104319#4104319