so I'm using the Factory component pattern on a conversation scoped SFSB.  I
added a a4j:support tag to a h:selectOneRadio tag and the h:form is reRendered
when user clicks 'no' on one of the radioButtons.

So my question is: does the Factory method execute again when the dataTable is
reRendered?  It seems it's not refiring based on log output in the server.log.
I don't actually want it to, but just curious...

<!DOCTYPE composition PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
  | <ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
  |                 xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib";
  |                 xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets";
  |                 xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core";
  |                 xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html";
  |                 xmlns:rich="http://richfaces.ajax4jsf.org/rich";
  |                 xmlns:a4j="https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/ajax";
  |                             xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core";

  |                 template="layout/template.xhtml">
  |

  | <ui:define name="body">
  |
  |     <script type="text/javascript"
  |       src="seam/resource/remoting/resource/remote.js">
  |     </script>
  |
  |     <script type="text/javascript"
  |       src="seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?noteAction">
  |     </script>
  |
  |     <script type="text/javascript"
  |       src="seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?securityAuditAction">
  |     </script>
  |
  |     <script type="text/javascript"
  |       src="js/securityAudit.js">
  |     </script>
  |
  |     <h:messages globalOnly="true" styleClass="message"/>
  |
  |     <rich:modalPanel  id="mp" minHeight="200" minWidth="450"
  |             height="500" width="500" zindex="2000">
  |
  |             <f:facet name="header">
  |                 <a4j:form id="a4jHeaderForm">
  |                     <h:outputText id="headerText" value=""/>
  |                 </a4j:form>
  |             </f:facet>
  |
  |             <a4j:form id="a4jMainForm">
  |                     <h:panelGrid columns="2" style="vertical-align:middle">

  |                             <h:outputText id="description"
value=""/>
  |                             <BR/>
  |                                     <h:inputTextarea id="noteText"
        value="#{noteAction.noteText}" rows="6" cols="50"/>

  |                                     <!-- hidden variables are null/empty in
NoteAction submit method, using Seam remoting -->

  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="rowIndex"
        value="noteAction.rowIndex"/>
  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="colName"
        value="noteAction.colName"/>
  |                                     <!--
  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="siteId"
                value="noteAction.siteId"/>
  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="employeeNumber"
        value="noteAction.employeeNumber"/>
  |                                     -->
  |                                             <a4j:commandButton
value="submit" action="#{noteAction.submit}"
onclick="showNoteGraphic();Richfaces.hideModalPanel('mp')"/>
  |                                     <BR/>
  |                                     <a4j:commandButton value="cancel"
onclick="Richfaces.hideModalPanel('mp');unselectCurrentRadioButton();checkForSubmitFromModalPanel()"/>

  |                             </h:panelGrid>
  |                     </a4j:form>
  |     </rich:modalPanel>
  |     <!--
  |     <rich:panel>
  |         <a4j:form>
  |             <h:panelGrid columns="2">
  |                     <h:inputText value="#{noteAction.networkId}"/>
  |                     <a4j:commandButton value="Submit" align="top"/>

  |                     <a4j:status>
  |                       <f:facet name="start">
  |                          <h:graphicImage value="/img/spinner.gif"/>
  |                       </f:facet>
  |                    </a4j:status>
  |             </h:panelGrid>
  |         </a4j:form>
  |     </rich:panel>
  |     -->
  |     <rich:panel>
  |         <h:form id="mainForm">
  |                     <h:outputText value="No Direct Reports"
rendered="#{myAuditList != null and myAuditList.rowCount==0}"/>
  |                             <h:dataTable id="dataTable1"
value="#{myAuditList}" var="myRow" rendered="#{myAuditList != null and
myAuditList.rowCount > 0}"
  |                                                      styleClass="dataTable"
rowClasses="oddRow, evenRow" frame="hsides">
  |                                     <h:column>
  |                                             <f:facet
name="header">Status</f:facet>

  |                                             <h:graphicImage
id="statusImage" value="/img/red.gif"/>

  |                                     </h:column>
  |                             <h:column>
  |                                     <f:facet name="header">Employee
Name</f:facet>

  |                                     <!-- siteId and employeeNumber hidden
fields are used for all radio buttons -->
  |                                     <h:outputText id="employeeName"
value="#{myRow[0].id.employeeName}"/>
  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="employeeNameHidden"
value="#{myRow[0].id.employeeName}"/>
  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="siteId"
value="#{myRow[0].id.siteId}"/>
  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="employeeNumber"
value="#{myRow[0].id.employeeNumber}"/>
  |                             </h:column>
  |
  |                             <h:column>
  |                                     <f:facet name="header">SiteId</f:facet>

  |                                     <h:outputText
value="#{myRow[0].id.siteId}"/>
  |                             </h:column>
  |
  |                             <h:column>
  |                                     <f:facet
name="header">EmployeeNumber</f:facet>

  |                                     <h:outputText
value="#{myRow[0].id.employeeNumber}"/>

  |                             </h:column>
  |
  |                             <h:column>
  |                                     <f:facet name="header">Account
Approved?</f:facet>

  |                                     <h:selectOneRadio
id="accountApprovedRB" value="#{myRow[1].icomsAccountApproved}">

  |                                             <a4j:support event="onclick"

oncomplete="showHideRadioButtons(#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()});
processNote(#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()}, 'accountApproved');
checkForSubmit(#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()})"

action="#{noteAction.setRenderRadioButtons(myAuditList.getRowIndex(),
myRow[1].icomsAccountApproved)}"

reRender="mainForm"

ajaxSingle="true"/>

  |                                                     <f:selectItems
value="#{securityAuditAction.securityAuditRadioButtons}" />
  |                                             </h:selectOneRadio>
  |                                             <h:graphicImage
id="acctGraphic" value="/img/icon_edit.gif"

onclick="editNote(this, #{myAuditList.getRowIndex()}, 'accountApproved');"
style="visibility:hidden"/>

  |                             </h:column>
  |
  |                             <h:column>
  |                                     <f:facet name="header">Security Level
Approved?</f:facet>
  |                                     <h:selectOneRadio
id="securityLevelApprovedRB" value="#{myRow[1].securityLevelApproved}"

onclick="processNote(#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()},
'secLevelApproved');checkForSubmit(#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()})"

rendered="#{noteAction.getRenderRadioButtons(myAuditList.getRowIndex())}">
  |                                                     <f:selectItems
value="#{securityAuditAction.securityAuditRadioButtons}" />
  |                                             </h:selectOneRadio>
  |                                             <h:graphicImage
id="securityLevelGraphic" value="/img/icon_edit.gif"

onclick="editNote(this, #{myAuditList.getRowIndex()}, 'secLevelApproved');"
style="visibility:hidden"/>
  |                             </h:column>
  |
  |                             <h:column>
  |                                     <f:facet name="header">Adjustment Limit
Approved?</f:facet>
  |                                     <h:selectOneRadio
id="adjustmentLimitApprovedRB" value="#{myRow[1].adjustmentLimitApproved}"

onclick="processNote(#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()},
'adjLimitApproved');checkForSubmit(#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()})"

rendered="#{noteAction.getRenderRadioButtons(myAuditList.getRowIndex())}">
  |                                                     <f:selectItems
value="#{securityAuditAction.securityAuditRadioButtons}" />
  |                                             </h:selectOneRadio>
  |                                             <h:graphicImage
id="adjLimitGraphic" value="/img/icon_edit.gif"

onclick="editNote(this, #{myAuditList.getRowIndex()}, 'adjLimitApproved');"
style="visibility:hidden"/>
  |                             </h:column>
  |

  |                             <h:column>
  |                                     <h:commandButton id="submitEmployee"
value="Submit" action="#{securityAuditAction.submit}"
style="visibility:hidden"/>
  |                                             <!--  <f:param
name="securityAuditRowNum" value="#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()}"/> -->
  |                                     <h:inputHidden id="securityAuditRowNum"
                        value="#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()}"/>

  |                             </h:column>
  |                     </h:dataTable>