Currently the generated projects are using the seam-gen templates/dependencies
and they are currently only targetting JBoss AS.

We haven't enabled seam project support for other appservers yet since there
will be missing dependencies etc. for these servers.

We could remove the limitation in GA, so you would be allowed to create the
projects against any server runtime - the downside would though be that you
would have to fiddle the right dependencies or hope that the Glassfish WTP
adapters will return the right dependencies.

If you would like to help on adding this kinda support then find the
plugins/org.jboss.tools.seam.core.*/plugin.xml and edit this segment:

-
  <runtime-component id="org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.runtime.component"
version="4.0" />
  <runtime-component id="org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.runtime.component"
version="4.2" />

and add in the runtime id for the glassfish server adapter.

An hacky alternative is to just setup a JBoss4.2 and point the deployed result
to somewhere in the glassfish server ;)

btw. http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBIDE-1320 is the jira issue for
handling this thng.

View the original post :