Michele!

Those are good ideas.  I'll have to check more into the "script" tag, there are
many features in jBPM which I'm not very familiar with yet that could provide
solutions.

I'd also like the designers to consider adding a "user object" property
(setUserObject(Object userObject), getUserObject()) to most of the main jBPM
objects (ProcessDefinition, ProcessInstance, Task, TaskInstance, ...).  The
only requirement is that the user object be serializable.

It would also be nice to be able to create such a user object in the
processdefinition.xml file using the same delegation syntax as for custom
classes (such as ActionHandler classes).  The tag or tag attribute and location
would indicate if it belongs to the ProcessDefinition, ProcessInstance, Task,
TaskInstance, Node, NodeInstance etc.  The versatility of a user object is very
great.

As a matter of fact, the open source JGraph (which we use to draw our workflow
graphs based on the gpd.xml file and ProcessDefinition), allows a "user object"
for each object in the graph (vertices and edges).  It is immensely useful.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109439#4109439

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109439