Hmm.. I'm a bit of a newbie and I haven't read all the thread but..

..but i had this error once with JBoss. I tracked it down to forgetting to
serialize a data holder I was trying to pass using RMI.
But anyway - the getUndeclaredThrowable()method got a lot more info out of the
system for me.

just catch it and print it

Tim
<insert amusing but deep quote here>

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Dan          |
|        |          Christopherso|
|        |          n            |
|        |          <danch@nvisia|
|        |          .com>        |
|        |                       |
|        |          22/03/01     |
|        |          16:42        |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          jboss-user   |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                             |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Tim Clarke/Globebyte Limited UK)                       |
  |       Subject:     Re: [JBoss-user]                                        |
  |       java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException                       |

It should have been in d:\jboss\log\server.log. Hmmm. Exceptions are
logged at a fairly high level, so you would have had to go out of the way
to turn them off. What's the rest of the client-side trace? Maybe
something is wacky with your RMI stuff at the client.

--
Dan Christopherson (danch)
nVisia Technical Architect (www.nvisia.com)

Opinions expressed are mine and do not neccessarily reflect any
position or opinion of nVISIA.