Try Tim Clarke's advice, catch the UndeclaredThrowableException, call
getUndeclaredThrowable and print it. This might be more enlightening.

Is 'MessageException' an exception of yours? If so, is it declared as
being thrown from your 'getMessage' method in both your bean and the
bean's remote interface?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, natxo wrote:

> The stacktrace is below:
>
> java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
> java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: MessageException: Hola soc
> una excepcio at
>
>sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
>
> at
> sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
> at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122) at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown
> Source) at
>
>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:188)
>
> at $Proxy1.getMessage(Unknown Source) at
> SimpleEJBClient.doGet(SimpleEJBClient.java:100) at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404) at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286) at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372) at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> at
>
>org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
>
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
>

> thanks for your interest,
>
> Natxo
>

> At 11:33 22/03/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> >What's the stack trace you see from your servlet?
> >
> >On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, ncabre wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I''ve read a lot of e-mails with that subject, but I haven't found its
> > > solution. I use Tomcat 3.2.1 standalone and JBoss 2.1. with JDK1.3 in
> > > windows 2000. My problem is when i launch an exception from EJB, which
> > > isn't caught in my client (servlet). I tried a lot of combinations around
> > > CLASSPATH, WEB-INF/lib, .. but any of them was correct.
> > >
> > > Has anybody found a solution about this problem?
> > >
> > > thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Natxo

> >--
> >Dan Christopherson (danch)
> >nVisia Technical Architect (www.nvisia.com)
> >
> >Opinions expressed are mine and do not neccessarily reflect any
> >position or opinion of nVISIA.

Dan Christopherson (danch)
nVisia Technical Architect (www.nvisia.com)

Opinions expressed are mine and do not neccessarily reflect any
position or opinion of nVISIA.

If you're a capitalist and you have the best goods and they're
free, you don't have to proselytize, you just have to wait.
-Eben Moglen