I'm testing my jBoss + EmbeddedTomcat setup with the tomcat-test.ear
application (available at the jboss site).

I get the following exception while the servlet is looking up the EJB:

javax.naming.CommunicationException.  Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.jboss.test.tomcat.ejb.interfaces.StatelessSessionHome

The stack trace is:
javax.naming.CommunicationException.  Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.jboss.test.tomcat.ejb.interfaces.StatelessSessionHome
        at javax.management.loading.MLet.findClass(MLet.java:800)
        at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveProxyClass(Unknown
Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputProxyClassDescriptor(Unknown
Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.rmi.MarshalledObject.get(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:299)
        at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:279)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.test.tomcat.servlet.HelloEJB.testBean(HelloEJB.java:58)
        at
org.jboss.test.tomcat.servlet.HelloEJB.doGet(HelloEJB.java:39)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.jav
a:797)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(H
ttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:49
8)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am guessing that I am missing something with the setup, since I get
the same exception with my own app that deploys perfectly in another app
server.

I have verified that the war's manifest.mf has a Class-Path entry
pointing to the client.jar containing the remote and home classes.  In
fact, the remote and home classes are also in the WEB-INF/classes of the
war file (is this redundant?).  Why is the system not finding the home?

What am I missing?

TIA

Victor