Did you allowed your PostgreSQL to accept incoming queries from other boxes than the
localhost ?

/Philippe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]%internet le 29/03/2001 19:24:54
Veuillez répondre à [EMAIL PROTECTED]%internet@WTFR
Pour :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]%internet@WTFR
cc :

Objet : [JBoss-user] Postgres datasource causes JBoss init to stop...

Hi,
I'm trying to get jboss going with postgres.  I have the latest version
of both. I've configured the stuff in the config files as shown in the
docs.  The jdbc driver loads, but when it gets to the bit about starting
up the datasource, jboss freezes.  It looks almost as if it's trying to
time out, but I haven't managed to wait long enough yet.  ^c causes jboss
to shutdown as it should.  Postgres is up and running (on another
machine), and I'm pretty sure the url is right in the config file. I
don't really think it's getting that far, watching the other datasources
the come preconfigured start up.  I copied the DefaultDS section and
modified it, as suggested in the docs.

Any ideas?  I know this is pretty vague, but I'm away from the machine
with the stuff on it. I looked in the archive and didn't see anything
that looked right...

Thanks,
Carey