Marc die nächste ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: marc fleury [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet am: Freitag, 30. März 2001 16:50
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Michael Loukides
Betreff: RE: [JBoss-user] JBoss@Oreilly conference.

Thanks for the report,

I am glad JBoss was mentionned everywhere, we *are* the open source leading
group in J2EE, and buzz makes us feel all warm.

I will just say this...

I had to cancel because I am working on the training, I am broke (post
Telkel), and I am going to JavaONE and I pay one ticket, Rickard who was
going to replace me couldnt' go for his own reasons, I even tried to get Mad
Andy, but couldn't reach him in time. Then the OReilly guys called me up on
monday saying "please come we will pay the ticket" so I answered that the
first ticket I could find for a day trip was $2000 from Atlanta to SF.  They
said wow... way too expensive (they cover ONLY $500)... and that is the
reason why no one from JBoss was there...

So let it be known that OReilly conference guys are "cheap bastards".

They built a publishing reputation on Open Source Developers and when it
comes to paying speakers to go to THEIR conferences to do THEIR work, they
don't want to pay a meager $2000.

I am dissapointed to say the least, things are not as pretty from behind as
they look on the shelves of book stores.

Let it be known "cheeep baaasta"

marc

PS: michael is in copy, but no flames please, they juggle "budget
restrictions" as they see fit.