Julian Gosnell wrote:

> I shall be rewriting the jboss_jetty integration this weekend, now that i
> finally have the time to figure JMX out properly.

This will include the Jetty 3.1 JMX enhancements, where most if Jetty's own components
are JXM manageable (threadpools, listeners, contexts etc.)

> Please be more specific about your war file problem - If you can tell me what
> you think is broken I shall let Greg know.
>
> I also hope to deal with a WAR redeployment problem that seems to have
> appeared.

Firstly Jetty does not support auto-deploy, you must request a WAR file to
be deployed, either by code, config or JMX.   This is a small price to pay and there
are good security reasons for it.   I may add this option the next version of
jetty, but it will be off by default.

Jetty does have a problem at the moment with redeploying changed war files if
it is configured NOT to unpack them.  The JarURLConnection class in the latest
JVMs from Sun is very broken, and we will have to write our own to get around
this problem.  For now if you redeploy wars, configure Jetty to
extract them to a temporary location.

> Greg, has anyone done any recent performance comparisons ?

Nobody that I know has completed any formal tests - other than informal feedback
that Jetty has 4 or 5 times more throughput than tomcat, I really don't know.

I just build Jetty to be as fast as I can, and fix anything that people complain
is slow....   But I'm more than happy to assist anybody who wants to do a formal
comparison.

cheers