I am new to JBoss and I just downloaded new the Jboss 2.1 release from March
26, 2001 from jboss.org.  I followed the minimal instructions for installing
Jboss both on my Windows 2000 machine and my Linux box.  In both OS's when I
try to startup Jboss, I get the following exception:

[Windows 2000 print out]

C:\jboss\jboss-2.1\bin>java -jar run.jar
jboss.home = C:\jboss\jboss-2.1
Using configuration "default"
[Info] Java version: 1.3.0,Sun Microsystems Inc.
[Info] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.3.0-C,Sun Microsystems Inc.
[Info] System: Windows 2000 5.0,x86
[Shutdown] Shutdown hook added
[Service Control] Registered with server
Exception in thread "main" [Default]
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError
: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFacto
ryImpl
[Default]       at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Document
BuilderFactory.java:118)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main.<init>(Main.java:192)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:107)
[Default]       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:103)
[Default] Shutting down
[Service Control] Stopping 0 MBeans
[Service Control] Stopped 0 services
[Service Control] Destroying 0 MBeans
[Service Control] Destroyed 0 services
[Default] Shutdown complete

C:\jboss\jboss-2.1\bin>

Am I missing something simple here?  I looked and made sure that I had
crimson.jar and jaxp.jar.  They are both sitting in the jboss lib directory.
I even tried adding them to the classpath, but that did not help.

Thanks,
Oz