I can't get JBoss (2.0 final) to work with Xalan & Xerces even after
following the doc "Configuring and Using JAXP 1.1 in JBoss" and looking
at three postings from the archive. Here is where I make changes to my
run.bat (NT environment) - notice I did add xerces.jar and xalan.jar to
the CLASSPATH:

------------------ run.bat fragment ---------
:startJBoss
set
CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;..\lib\jdbc2_0-stdext.jar;..\lib\jboss-jaas.jar;D:\jBoss\lib\xerces.jar;D:\jBoss\lib\xalan.jar

set
JAXP="-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"
set JAXP="$JAXP
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

java -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" -Dtomcat.home=%TOMCAT_HOME% org.jboss.Main
%1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

pause

-------------------------- end run.bat ---------

And I created a jaxp.properties file in my D:\jdk1.3\jre\lib that looks
like this (which it looks like JBoss is referring to from the error
messages):

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

--------------end jaxp.properties-------------

The error I am getting basically says that the document is malformed but
when I run it standalone, it works fine:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The markup in the document
following the root element must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:660)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1118)
        at
com.unpluggedsystems.mls.TranscoderBean.xForm(com/unpluggedsystems/mls/TranscoderBean.java:53)

Also I don't see any references in the JBoss startup output refering to
xerces or xalan if it matters.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Brian
--