Guy Rouillier wrote:

> Toby, I haven't taken the time to dig into the minerva code.  Realistically,
> how far away are we from JCA?  It shouldn't take long to update minerva so
> that it uses the userid to get a connection for that userid (I'm thinking of
> a hash) - I could take a crack at that.  But if JCA is right around the
> corner, then it may not be worth the effort.  Just curious - I see the
> userid and password being passed on to the factory - are you sure the
> pool.getObject()).getConnection() doesn't cause the factory to use the
> userid and password?

Replacing XAPoolDataSource with the JCA stuff is definitely 2.3
material. All it really needs is deployer integration (resource adapters
have to be deployed manually via JMX at present) and I want to wait
until the new deployment stuff is sorted out so that I don't waste time
integrating with the existing mess.

As to when, I don't really know. The new deployment stuff is taking a
long time to come together because nobody working on it seems to have
much time to spare for it.

I have looked into Minerva a little more, and the support for what you
want is present in the pool code, it's just not used by the JDBC pools.
It should be trivial to change XAConnectionFactory to implement
checkValidObject such that a connection will only be returned if it was
created with the same username/password. This would be a change that
could be put into 2.2 as well, I think.

You should get in touch with Aaron if you want to do this.

Toby.