Hi,

we are looking at using message beans in our project, so I developed a
simple application in order to see how they work using NT4.0 and JBoss 2.1.

A java app publishes a persistent message to the 'testTopic' of which a
JBoss mbean subscribes to. When the mbean receives the message it publishes
the same message, this time non-persistent, back to the 'testTopic'. This
results in an endless loop of the same message being consumed and produced
by the mbean (the original java app also receives the message but just
outputs it to std out).

I let this process run overnight and when I came back in it had published
127,000 odd messages - but both JBoss and the java app had stopped producing
and consuming messages, just sitting there doing nothing.

Now when I start JBoss it takes 2:30 seconds to start, with around 2 minutes
of that sitting at the "[JBossMQ] Starting" console output with the CPU at
100% utilization - before this JBoss always took around 20 seconds to
startup? Any ideas why JBoss now takes so long to start?

thanks,

Dean