Hi Scott,

First of all the reason I needed the xerces parser was to be able to use some DOM2
features like importNode as well as some features of XALAN 2.0.1

To specify the xerces parser rather than the crimson I simply changed the run.bat to
specify the new JAXP information:

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;../lib/ext/xerces.jar
set
JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

set JAXP=%JAXP%
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

I then put the xerces.jar, and xalan.jar into the lib/ext directory.

Andrew Edgar