toby cabot wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I just noticed the following behavior and wonder if there are preferred
> patterns for dealing with it.  I've got an entity bean which can
> presumably be accessed by remote client-side code (e.g. in another VM)
> or by session beans running in the jboss server VM.  Let's say the
> entity bean has some code like so:
>
> private Money moola;
>
> /**
> * @remote-method
> */
> Money getMoney() {
>   return moola;
> }
>
> I noticed that the remote client code gets a copy of moola but the
> server-side session bean gets a reference to the member itself (and can
> thus change it).

Turn off optimized invocations in jboss.xml
The EJB spec mandates that the semantics of calls be as you observe for
remote calls, even in-VM. Naturally, all this copying of parameters and
return values takes time, so most (if not all) containers have a
parameter to disable this.
To get spec-compliant behavior, set <Optimized>False</Optimized> in your
bean's container-invoker-conf in jboss.xml.

-danch
Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail
and destroy the original communication.