On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 08:19:31PM +0800, Russell wrote:

>   Hi all ,
>
>    I am using RedHat6.1 , postgresql7.0.1 ,jboss2.1 and jdk.1.3.
>
>    Do i need to worry if where start the jboss , i have the error below
> :
>
>    [Container-Factory]No resource manager found for jdbc/PostgresDS

Yes. This means that you haven't successfully mapped the bean-local name,
"java:comp/env/jdbc/PostgresDS" to the global name of the DataSource you
want.

>   However , when i called ejb create , the records is inserted in my
> table and did not give me any error.

I think you'll find that they haven't been inserted in your table, but in
someone else's.  JBoss defaults to java:/DefaultDS in this situation, which
is the bundled HypersonicSQL database by default.

You need to check your jboss.xml to make sure the mapping is set up
correctly.

>   Are this jboss bugs ?

It's not the clearest error message in the world.  You might like to log
a feature request at SourceForge for it to be improved.

Toby.