McLain, Mark wrote:

> This is not a JBoss-specific question, but I know the J2EE gurus are out
> there...
>
> I recently ran across the following EJB programming restriction: "Enterprise
> beans should not...define a class in a package".  I have searched for
> clarification/elaboration as to the meaning of this restriction and the
> reasons for this restriction, but have been unable to find any clear
> explanations.  Please, would someone out there clarify?

That's pretty poor wording, alright.  I guess it's saying that you
shouldn't be creating new classes on the fly, but I would have thought
that that would be ruled out by disallowing access to classloaders.

I'm almost certain that it doesn't mean that all your classes have to be
in the default package.

Have you asked on the ejb-interest list at Sun?

Toby.