Hi,

I've tried making one bean running in one instance of Jboss call another
bean in another instance of JBoss running on a different machine.

I've setup jboss.xml to point from java:/comp/env/ejb/BeanToCall to
jnp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/tester/BeanToCall and it shows up properly in
JNDIView as a LinkRef. The second bean that is this BeanToCall is also
properly deployed and can be seen in the second instance of JBoss in the
Global Context under tester/BeanToCall.

But when I actually try to call that other bean, I get
NameNotFoundException: BeanToCall not bound

Here is a relevant portion of the call stack trace. I am using the latest
snapshot of JBoss (2.3 BETA).

[TesterSessionBean] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: BeanToCall not
bound
[TesterSessionBean]     at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown
Source)
[TesterSessionBean]     at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
[TesterSessionBean]     at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown
Source)
[TesterSessionBean]     at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown
Source)
[TesterSessionBean]     at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:298)
[TesterSessionBean]     at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:282)
[TesterSessionBean]     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown
Source)
[TesterSessionBean]     at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:370)
[TesterSessionBean]     at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:406)
[TesterSessionBean]     at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:282)
[TesterSessionBean]     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown
Source)
[TesterSessionBean]     at
tester.ejb.TesterSessionBean.callBean(TesterSessionBean.java:19)

Any ideas or I should just debug the JNP module?

Anatoly Akkerman
Computer Science Dept.
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NYU
719 Broadway, #715                      Tel: 212 998-3525
New York, NY 10003                      Fax: 212 995-4123