At 03:49 PM 4/24/2001, you wrote:
>Check out the old working dogs archive, in particular
>http://www.mail-archive.com/jboss-user@list.working-dogs.com/msg10923.html
>
>Don't know if this will do much good for v 6.5, but the industry.java.sun
>reference should point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the pointer to the archives, which unfortunately failed to solve
my next problem... (One of these days I hope to be able to answer a
question on this list, rather than just ask them ;)

I'm using the now working and connected SQL Server database for testing
only, while the "real" database is a legacy DB2 v5.5 monster sitting on
AIX. The archives reveal that a lot of people have had problems connecting
to DB2, and I'd like to add myself to that august list.

So:
* I have the db2java.zip file in the lib/ext directory of jboss.
* The DB2 jdbc applet server is up and running, as mentioned in the
archives and nowhere else that I can find
* JBoss gives me a NullPointerException as soon as I try to hook the whole
thing up, vis:
[CRDB] java.lang.NullPointerException
[CRDB]  at
org.opentools.minerva.jdbc.xa.XAPoolDataSource.getConnection(XAPoolDataSource.java:165)
[CRDB]  at
org.jboss.jdbc.XADataSourceLoader.startService(XADataSourceLoader.java:330)
[CRDB]  at
org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:96)
[CRDB]  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[CRDB]  at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
[CRDB]  at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
[CRDB]  at
org.jboss.configuration.ConfigurationService$ServiceProxy.invoke(ConfigurationService.java:644)
[CRDB]  at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
[CRDB]  at org.jboss.util.ServiceControl.start(ServiceControl.java:81)
[CRDB]  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[CRDB]  at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
[CRDB]  at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
[CRDB]  at org.jboss.Main.<init>(Main.java:202)
[CRDB]  at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:106)
[CRDB]  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[CRDB]  at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:102)

* I tried downloading the JDataConnect driver from NetDirect, which gives a
new and exciting error:
[Container factory] java.sql.SQLException: ServerException:[ODBC Error],
SQLTables DBVendorCode:-99999:, DBState:S1C00:.
  [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0150E  Driver not capable. SQLSTATE=S1C00

So, is it actually possible to connect to DB2 v.5.5 using JBoss?

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: