I believe the problem is that when Jasper compiles JSP, it includes
neither the ejb jar files
nor any other application jar files in the compiler classpath. Try
unjarring them into the war's WEB-INF/classes directory.

HTH
-danch

Leonard Kierstead wrote:

> I can't get JBoss/Tomcat to find classes that are in my application war
> file.  When I access any  of the JSP's in application I get the following
> error:
>         Class com.cerulean.amstel1.UnitInfoHome not found in import
>
> The class is in both my application jar file and the special jar file that
> allows
> optimized interactions across container boundaries.  The manifest file in my
> war archive (META-INF\MANIFEST.MF) specifies the class path as
> follows:
>
> Class-Path: ./ejb-client.jar
>
> ejb-client.jar is the  special jar file that allows optimized interactions
> across
> container boundaries.
>
> I'm running on Windows 2000 with version 2.2.1 of JBoss.
>
> Here is the complete error message:
>
> 2001-05-01 09:11:59 - Ctx( /amstel ): JasperException: R( /amstel +
> /UnitInfoTestCreate.jsp + null) Unable to compile class f
> or
> JSPC:\JBoss-2.2.1_Tomcat-3.2.1\tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Famstel\_0002fUni
> tInfoTestCreate_0002ejspUnitInfoTestCreate_jsp
> _32.java:23: Class com.cerulean.amstel1.UnitInfoHome not found in import.
> import com.cerulean.amstel1.UnitInfoHome;
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can offer,
>
> Leonard
>
> PS. please reply back to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail
and destroy the original communication.