The example you quote is for accessing a WebLogic managed bean from a
JBoss managed one. Bean to Bean within a JBoss instance is simpler ("If
bean B is deployed in another application, but on the same jboss server,
the jndi-name you provide must be the name under which bean B is
deployed.").

That JNDI name is the JNDI name that is bound to your reference, not the
one you look up. In your code you look up whatever you specified as
ejb-ref-name, prepended with 'java:comp/env/'

Hence, in the example you quote
(http://www.jboss.org/documentation/HTML/ch06s05.html), your code looks
up "java:comp/env/ejb/myBean"

-danch

I'm going to be doing this in the near future, so I took a look at the
docs.  It said to use a jndi-name like this:

<jndi-name>t3://otherserver/application/beanB</jndi-name>

If I understand this correctly, the JNDI name is the name we use in the
ctx.lookup() call.  With the above, a lookup for an external

EJB on the same JBoss is different from a lookup for the same EJB on a
different JBoss.  Wouldn't that require a source code
change?  That would not be good.
Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail
and destroy the original communication.