Rama Rao,
    That is very strange! How heavy are these java classes?! I mean, for most decent sized object, that should not be the case. I am not sure whether anyone else has hit the wall with this but I am sure that I have not had any issues with this os far. Would really like to know details of the class you are creating? Does it use any resources like the file system etc or do think there could be a race condition when it is created?

Vinay

----- Original Message -----
From: Rama Rao
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 3:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] Java Classes Can they be Bottleneck for performance

Hi All,
I have small doubt regarding using java helper classes in a session bean.
We have a session bean in which a new java class(a helper class) is
instantiated.
It takes 2 secs to execute the method.
If we do not use that java class, the session is able to handle 1000 req per
minute.
But if we put the java class, it is unable scale more than 30 req per
minute. Because the session is waiting for that java class to be
availiable(It seems)
Is it like that?

Can the use of normal java classes be a bottle neck in Jboss?
Even we have tested with removing our class and instantiating hashtable (JDK
class) , the scaling problem comes again.

Can any body enlighten me how to come out of it?

Environment:
JDK 1.3
JBoss 2.2

Thanks In Advance