Title: Invalid column type using Oracle

I'm trying to setup JBoss to use Oracle.  Every time JBoss tries to
insert a new record into a table that contains a BLOB, I get the
following exception:

[JAWS] Set parameter: idx=3, jdbcType=JAVA_OBJECT, value=NULL
[JAWS] java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type
[JAWS]  at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
[JAWS]  at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:210)
[JAWS]  at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:273)
[JAWS]  at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.get_internal_type(OracleStatement.j
ava:4560)
[JAWS]  at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setNull(OraclePreparedState
ment.java:869)
[JAWS]  at
org.opentools.minerva.jdbc.PreparedStatementInPool.setNull(PreparedSta
tementInPool.java:92)
[JAWS]  at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCommand.setParameter(JDBCCommand.j
ava:280)
[JAWS]  at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCreateEntityCommand.setParameters(
JDBCCreateEntityCommand.java, Compiled Code)
[JAWS]  at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCommand.jdbcExecute(JDBCCommand.ja
va:159)
[JAWS]  at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCreateEntityCommand.execute(JDBCCr
eateEntityCommand.java, Compiled Code)
[JAWS]  at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.JAWSPersistenceManager.createEntity(JAWSPer
sistenceManager.java:122)
[JAWS]  at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.createEntity(CMPPersistenc
eManager.java, Compiled Code)
[JAWS]  at
org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.createHome(EntityContainer.java:441)

The stack trace goes on.  I can send the whole thing along if it will
help.  The CREATE TABLE command seems to be working fine when the app
gets deployed.  I'm running Oracle 8.1.7.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Tim McCune
Software Architect, ChannelPoint
"If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table,
then you ARE the sucker." -- Mike McDermott, Rounders