man nohup

Cheers,

R.

User Commands                                            nohup(1)

NAME
     nohup - run a command immune to hangups

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/bin/nohup command  [ argument ... ]

     /usr/xpg4/bin/nohup command  [ argument ... ]

DESCRIPTION
     The nohup  utility invokes the named command with the  argu-
     ments   supplied.    When  the  command  is  invoked,  nohup
     arranges for the SIGHUP signal to be ignored by the process.

     The nohup  utility can be used when it is known that command
     will take a long time to run and the user wants to logout of
     the terminal; when a shell exits, the system sends its chil-
     dren  SIGHUP  signals,  which  by  default  cause them to be
     killed. All  stopped,  running,  and  background  jobs  will
     ignore  SIGHUP  and continue running, if their invocation is
     preceded by the nohup  command or if the process programmat-
     ically has chosen to ignore SIGHUP.