Hi,

I need to deploy same beans in different jar files in same JBoss instance
(I'm using JBoss 2.0 FINAL). These beans implement user account bases, and I
need two different account bases.

To acomplish this, I use <ejb-ref> reference in the ejb-jar.xml and
appropriate <ejb-ref> in jboss.xml specifying in ejb-ref/jndi-name local
JNDI name.

When I look into the log file, i see that all references were resolved
correctly:

[Container factory] Binding an EJBReference jndi/accountGroup
[Container factory] Binding jndi/accountGroup to external JNDI source:
account.group
[Container factory] Binding an EJBReference jndi/group
[Container factory] Binding jndi/group to external JNDI source: group.group
[Container factory] Binding an EJBReference jndi/account
[Container factory] Binding jndi/account to external JNDI source:
account.account
[Container factory] Bound ProfileHandlerBean to profile
[Container factory] Bound UserAccountBean to account.account
[Container factory] Bound UserGroupFactoryBean to group.factory
[Container factory] Bound UserGroupBean to group.group
[Container factory] Bound UserAccountGroupBean to account.group

Ok, one thing that I've found, is that reference names does not start with
ejb/, but everything works ok, if I use internal references and deploy only
one jar file. Another thing is, that I do not use the full external URL, but
only local. However, local JNDI names are resolved correctly, because I get
references to some instances.

I'm not able to use internal reference in case of two and more deployed
jars, because JBoss start mixing references. Seems that <ejb-ref-name> is
unique to the JBoss instance, and not the bean context (which is logical,
but I didn't find anything in specifications that supports or deny the scope
of the <ejb-ref-name>).

Does anybody came across such problem and what was the solution, if any?

Roman Rokytskyy