Make sure it is META-INF and not meta-inf.  It is case sensitive.

Vinay

----- Original Message -----
From: David Li
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 1:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] deployment problem

Hi, veteran.

Can someone explain to me why I got this problem?

I used Jar tool to generate a EAR file that contains one jar file and
one war file, and meta-inf/applicatoin.xml deployment descriptor. But,
everytime when I put the EAR file to deploy folder of JBoss+Tomcat ver
2.2 and always got the following error:

[Auto deploy] org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeploymentException: no
deployment descriptor found but file that could be ment as:
meta-inf/application.xml <-> META-INF/application.xml
[Auto deploy] ar
org.jboss.deployment.Installer.determineType(Installer.java:397)

But, if I used J2EE's GUI-based deploytool to generate the EAR file
containing the same components, the jBoss deployed it just fine.

Thanks for your help.

DL