Hi again,

Some success.

I did make what I believe to be the correct change to jcml as described below.
... But you *have* lead me to part of the solution! The exception no longer
occurs: It was caused by an editor error in an unrelated modification to a
comment in the conf that I made last week and "assumed" would be fine. Bad
move on my part. :-) Thanks Scott for pointing me in the right direction.

I remain a little short of understanding in regard to the jcml file:

Is there a DTD or DTD-like doc/txt file? (I could not find one in the source
resources directory...)

The MLET spec uses ARGS identifying attributes for the constructor call. Is
there a correlation between ARGS and attribute elements? Is there a way to
pass configuration information before a start() in a jcml file? Obviously this
would be useful for most services. I just tried putting my mbean(uses JMS)
into the conf file and it gave me the same error as for the previous email
(resulting from a spelling mistake) but in this case there appears to be no
such mistake as I cut & pasted the field vals from the jcml and the
tags/format from a previous conf entry ...

Also, while I write,: Is there a way to create a directory under (say)
./lib/matt instead of ./lib/ext that I can drop my jars into for neatness and
debugging convenience?

Kind Regards,

Matt

Matt Davies [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]