Do you want to try cleaning up the .jar directories under your tmp folder, restart jboss and try a fresh deploy. If it still fails please send the stack trace. Lets see what we can do about it.

Vinay

----- Original Message -----
From: Sachin S. Khanna
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2001 7:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] New User of Jboss

Hello List,
        I appreciate Vinay's suggestion as it helped me overcome my earlier error, thanks for it Vinay but i have got stuck with the following error:

"[Auto deploy] Deployment failed:file:/C:/jboss-2.2/deploy/ch24.jar
[Auto deploy] org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeploymentException: Error while starting
 ch24.jar: Could not deploy file:/C:/jboss-2.2/tmp/deploy/Default/ch24.jar
[Auto deploy]   at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startApplication(Compiled C
ode)
[Auto deploy]   at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.deploy(J2eeDeployer.java:17
8)"

I'd appreciate if someone could help me with the solving the above error.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Have a nice day.
With regards,
Sachin S. Khanna