Or, if you want a sollution thats free and lots easier, look at your java
SDK docs at java.rmi.server.UID class.

One of the major critisims of EJB as it currently exists is that it can't
take advantage of a databases "serial" or "autoincrement" field. Of course,
these all vary from database to database anyhow, and EJB is not even tied
to a relational database.

So using a primary key generator is a necessity if you can't create your PK
from your data (maybe by combining other fields).

Good luck!
Jim

--On Friday, May 04, 2001 10:47 AM +0100 Jim Downing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,