Hi,

I love the auto-deploy feature of JBoss.  However, it's not
working as I expect it to.

I created a jar file and put it in the $JBOSS_HOME/deploy
directory.  One of the remote interface classes didn't throw
a RemoteException, and JBoss reported that problem on the
auto-deploy.  So I added the 'throws RemoteException' to the
interface definition, compiled, jar'ed it up, and copied
it to the deploy directory.  JBoss recognized the change
and attempted a redeploy, but the same error came up.

When I stop and start the server (without a change to
the jar), the auto-deployer doesn't report any errors
and my new application is successfully started.

Shouldn't the auto-deployer have retrieved the new class
file and deployed my app successfully without a restart?

Thanx.

Norton