Maybe the -nonaming is not getting executed then? (if it fixed your
problem). I am using Catalina from within the Turbine TDK which contains a
schell script startup.sh which calls the catalina.sh script. I have added
the -nonaming to this line so it reads

$BASEDIR/catalina.sh start -nonaming "$@"

This should turn naming off, but I still get the errors when I start the
program this way.